5 characteristic features of CES are consistently described in the literature and should form the basis of questions related to diagnosis;
- Bilateral neurogenic sciatica – Pain associated with the back and/ or unilateral/bilateral leg symptoms maybe present.
- Reduced perineal sensation – Sensation loss in the perineum and saddle region is the most commonly reported symptom.
- Altered bladder function leading to painless retention – Bladder dysfunction is the most commonly reported symptom and can range from increased frequency , difficulty in micturition, change in stream, incontinence and retention.
- Loss of anal tone – loss or reduced anal tone may be evident if a patient reports bowel dysfuntion. Bowel dysfunction may include incontinence, inability to control motions, inability to feel when the bowel is full and consequently overflow.
- Loss of sexual function – Sexual dysfunction is not widely mentioned in the literature but is an important aspect that should be discussed with patients.
Clinical Bottom Line
Cauda equina syndrome is rare but can have life changing consequences if not acted upon in a timely manner. If surgical intervention is delayed irreversible damage can occur to the bladder, bowel and sexual function.
Relevant symptoms include unilateral or bilateral radicular pain and/or dermatomal reduced sensation and/or myotomal weakness with any suggestion of change in bladder or bowel function however minor should be investigated.
Nothing is to be gained by delaying surgery and should be carried out as soon as is practically possible.
Not all patients with back pain will develop CES and it is not necessary to warn all patients. Those patients whom you suspect may go onto develop CES should be given the appropriate information and know what to do should they go on to develop symptoms.
It is important that a patients signs and symptoms are fully documented in accordance to your governing bodies standards of practice so there is a clear record of the patients journey.
The Back Pain Breakthrough is the #1 Doctor approved and doctor created solution for people who suffer with cauda equina syndrome (CES), low back pain and sciatica.
Who is the Author of Back Pain Breakthrough?
Dr. Steve Young is the author of Back Pain Breakthrough. He obtained his Ph.D. in the science of joint pain many years ago and today, he runs his own private practice. Dr. Steve Young is highly sought after for his expertise and ability to ease pain naturally and permanently, so much so that many medical centers and doctors are now using his techniques in their own practices. Steve has also appeared on major media outlets, such as Fox News and he is a contributing author of several Medical Research Journals.
Summary of Back Pain Breakthrough
Back Pain Breakthrough is a comprehensive online system that teaches you effective ways to eliminate your back pain naturally and permanently by using a series of therapeutic, spinal release movements scientifically-proven to work. These movements are designed to release the three main pressure points in your body that are often the main cause of all types of back pain. By releasing these, you’re able to realign your spine and ultimately, eliminate your back pain.
All of the steps are put together for you in easy-to-follow videos that explain how each movement works and how to complete them on your own at home. You also receive a 30-Day action plan that puts everything together for you in a step-by-step guide. The program also comes with quick relief techniques, lifestyle recommendations, and much more to help you capitalize on your pain relief.
Here’s a sneak peek at some of the techniques and topics covered in this program:
6-Video Series Masterclass
- The Real Cause of Your Back Pain
- The Target Spinal Relief
- How to Fix the Pain Instantly
- The Warrior Method
- Lifehacks for a Pain Free Life
- Muscular Imbalances, Easy Solutions
- + Your Action Steps for Success
Targeted Spinal Release
- How to Use This Manual
- The Secret Cause of your Back Pain
- The 30 Day Action Plan
- My 30 Day Back Pain Calendar
- Movement 1: The Peaceful Warrior
- Movement 2: Awakened Warrior
- Movement 3: Strong Warrior
Advanced Healing Techniques
- How to Sit for a Strong Healthy Back
- How to Fix Your Computer Setup
- Golfers Tilt
- Types of Back Pain and Imbalances
- How to Know If You Have a Disc Bulging
- How to Treat Stenosis
- Fixing Muscular Imbalances
- Imbalanced Piriformis and How to Stretch It
- Acute or Chronic Pain and How to Relief It
- Natural Anti-Inflammatory Daily Drink
Back Pain Breakthrough is a simple program, designed for men and women of all ages, back pain, and flexibility who are looking for a natural way to permanently eliminate their back pain. It comes with easy, step-by-step instructions and action plans, so you can progress through the healing regime easily and stress-free. And with the 60 Day Money Back Guarantee, you can try out the entire program risk-free for two months. It sure beats taking prescription medications that only mask the symptoms or paying a fortune to see a physical therapist in-person.